St. Michael has added 120 niches to two of the Columbarium walls. The Columbarium Ministry will be available to assist you with your questions regarding end-of-life issues. Please take time after Mass to visit our Columbarium and see what a beautiful and peaceful space it has become.
Starting January 1, 2015, the price of a single niche increased from $1,700 to $2,000 and a double niche from $1,900 to $2,200.
Columbarium is translated from Latin as, "a compartmentalized house for doves," the gentle birds mentioned in Holy Scripture and recognized symbols of peace.
Our Columbarium is:
The Columbarium is located at the north end of the Worship Space and can be accessed on its eastern or western sides or directly from the Worship Space, using the doors behind the Ambo. The Columbarium has been built in stages, the original phase consisting of four walls with three sections, where niches can be placed. Two walls have all three sections, for a total of 120 niches.
One of these walls is dedicated and reserved for the Knights of Columbus and their families.
The other walls can be expanded to the full 120 niches in the future. There are two partial walls in the current phase, which will be built out as needed.
- a place for remembrance, reflection, and prayer
- part of our parish's ongoing ministry to both the living and the dead
- a comfortable place
- a place for family and friends to gather
- a consoling link between life and death
- modestly priced
- aesthetically pleasing
- an ecologically sound alternative to burial
- an extension of the parish
- consecrated by the Bishop or his delegate
- equipped with a soothing water feature and small garden
There are memorial naming opportunities, including pavers and benches, in the Columbarium area.