Time spent doing good:
Talent used to reach out to others:
- Give up some playtime and Read or play with your younger brother or sister
- Let another family member choose what TV program to watch
- Do someone else's chore
- Share lots of smiles today
- Give a hug to everyone in your family
- Compliment each person in your family some time today
- Act with kindness toward someone who is difficult to like
- Donate food to the Food Bank
- Eat something you don't necessarily love without complaining
- Set the dinner table without being asked
- Visit or call a grandparent or neighbor who doesn’t get to see a lot of people
- Help your parents with a project or cleaning up the yard
- Make Care Packages for the Homeless - Tips for Making Care Packages for the Homeless
- Write a card for someone who lives away from you or for someone you know who is sick
- Write a thank you note to someone who helped you with something
- Sing or dance for people in a hospital or nursing home
- Bake a treat for the Police or Fire Department, a coach or teacher
- Organize a food drive in your neighborhood
- Hold a bake sale, tag sale or put on a show to raise money for our Lenten Kids Helping Kids Drive
- Perform Random Acts of Kindness
Treasure spent helping others:
- Donate gently used books that you have outgrown, or purchase new ones, to a book drive or school
- Donate clothes that you have outgrown or purchase new ones for children in need
- Donate money to our Lenten Kids Helping Kids Drive - try doing extra chores to earn the money, eat a simple meal one day a week and donate the savings, use the money saved from fasting from a food, treat or entertainment
What is the Lenten Kids Helping Kids Drive?
Every year the Elementary Faith Formation Program uses the Lenten season to collect alms to sponsor children in need. For over 15 years we have sponsored a child through Child Fund. Our current child is named Igor da Silva and he lives in Brazil. You can see pictures of Igor and letters from him, as well as some more information about Brazil on a tri-fold board in the education wing.
In addition to Igor, we have tried to sponsor some of the children from our Haiti Twinning Parish, St. John Baptiste as well. You received
during the Family Faith Event about Lent or during Class. We encouraged you to add your alms to the box throughout Lent and donate to our Kids Helping Kids Drive.
We will collect your box of alms during classes on March 29/30th.